Fevers and Babies

Oh, what a week this has been. We have been dealing with sick kids since Wednesday night. Talk about emotional and physical stress. Jared was home sick all last week too. It was good because I really needed the help with the girls.

Beate couldn’t go to ward council last Wednesday because she was sick, as usual. So I went for her. Jared stayed home with the girls since he was sick anyway. When we were on our way home I called him. That is when he told me that Anne had a fever. So started all the fun.

I took her into the dr the next day and got her medicine. Then that night Alicia started to have a fever. So on Friday she went into the dr too. We spent 2 nights at the Dautel house. The girls’ room gets so warm it wasn’t good for them to sleep there and Jared and I needed the help. They were all so good to help us. The girls got to help make Christmas cookies. Jared and I were able to rest when we needed to. It really made the whole experience to much more bearable.

Both Jared and I stayed home with the girls on Sunday. We started to worry that Anne might have dehydration. She had had a fever almost constantly for 4 days (Alicia didn’t seem so hard hit). Ray and Beate came over to see her after church and said that it wasn’t dehydration yet, but they worked on getting a lot of liquid down her. Once that happened she seemed to improve greatly. She has gradually improved since. I am now trying to get them completely well and back on their normal eating and sleeping schedule.

I finally have my husband back after a month of 12-14 hour work days and even one all-nighter. He had some major projects for work that he needed to finish. Tonight is the first night in too long where we can spend the evening together with some project looming in the back of his mind. I need to emotional break. So live is good again.

Yesterday was my latest dr appointment for the pregnancy. I am in my 33rd week and counting down. I talked to my doctor about possibly inducing me early. He said that if I started dialating (which is probably likely, since it is my 3rd child) he thinks it will be possible to do it 2-3 weeks early. My body is just in so much pain and I am becoming more and more drastically limited in what I can do. He checked the baby and the weight is really good, so that makes it even more possible. One problem is that the baby hasn’t turned yet. He said that it could take another 2-3 weeks. After that if it hasn’t turned then I guess we have to discuss options. So we need prayers that all progresses so that we can get this baby here in early January.

3 comments:

Amy said...

it sounds like it has been a rough week. I will keep you in my prayers. Best wishes and love!

Linda said...

Prayers coming your way for a healthy, happy and early baby. To make sure there is no confusion should I say "Bless Baby BOY or Baby GIRL Dautel". Just checking?!?!?!?
Love to all of you!

Rachel said...

I am so happy to hear everyone is feeling better, it is always so hard when the kids are sick.