Week of Milestones

Right now I am trying to get the girls to finish their lunch so they can take their nap. Cute little Anne really knows the daily routine. She knows that once lunch is done she needs to take her nap. Usually she is really fine with this, but occasionally has her problems. We’ll see how she does today.

Earlier this week I put Alicia to bed with just water in her bottle, no formula. She didn’t even complain. She has kept it up the rest of the week. I am so proud of her. It also makes me so happy to not have to buy formula for the rest of the year. She also loves to feed herself. Most of the time when we try to feed her things that could potentially be very messy she will throw a real fit. She is quickly learning to use a spoon and a fork by herself. With the really messy things usually she is really good about letting me help her guide the spoon.

We are going to start buying Anne pull-ups though. Gma Dautel bought special seats for their toilette for Annie to use. Since then Anne keeps asking to sit on the toilette when she is there. I guess she is ready to be potty-trained, even if I am not sure if I am. I just don’t know if I have to patience for it, but I guess I have no choice. It will be nice to have her out of diapers before the baby comes though. Anyone have good ideas for how to potty-train a child? I am going to need help. I have no idea how to do this.

2 comments:

Andrew and Lyndsey Richardson said...

It is always fun when they start doing new things- although potty training is definitely a lot of work. The only suggestions I can make are: watch for a week or so before to learn their normal bathroom times, then prepare yourself to spend A LOT of time in the bathroom (or close to it) during those times until they figure it out, stickers and/or rewards galore, and a lot of talking/reminding about being a "big girl". Eventually they figure it out and you can move on to leaving the house, potty training during nap time and night time and more. What a job! Just talking about it again..I think I'll wait on Tristan :)!

Amy said...

you can do it! I have heard that incentive works great! Try a sticker chart or something. I know one mom who she takes 3 days and is home with the child taking them to the potty every 1/2hour to hour. Then she goes to the store with them and takes them to the potty every 1/2 hour there too. She has done this with her 5 kids and she swears by it. I personally have no idea! Good luck!