I am late in getting this one out, but it has been a strange week (now 1 ½ week). Since Saturday our evenings have been consumed with watching the European Soccer Championship. There are 2 games each night. Jared has blown up and air-mattress and we lay on that while we watch. I usually fall asleep during the middle of the 2nd game. Then at the end of the game Jared wakes me up to move me into bed. Then I lay awake for about 2 hours. We have had the family over several evenings to watch it with us.
Jared has been really busy at work. The other person who works with him in the Marketing Department is on vacation right now, so he has to do the work for both of them. But he is building up a lot of extra hours which I am sure will come in useful later. I find that I really really miss him when he is gone and the girls do too. The house just isn’t the same without him.
The end of last week was much better for me with being sick. I was able to find ways to control it. But then on Monday I had a very bad day. All I could do was lay down all day long. Jared had to clean the house when he got home. Poor guy. The hardest thing is keeping enough food in my stomach. I am not throwing it up; I just digest it so fast. Then I feel really sick. But here in Germany there isn’t much quick to make food other than sweets. And that is not what I need. If you want to eat, you have to make a whole from scratch meal. Pretty annoying and difficult to deal with in my situation.
I am surprised at how good my girls are doing with me always being so sick. They occupy themselves by playing with each other. I will lie on the couch and they will take occasional breaks and come over to cuddle or talk with me.
Anne had a check up on her speech yesterday and she is right where she should be. She also got the latest set of vaccinations. She was pretty upset with the doctor over that. Luckily she doesn’t have any fever or change in disposition because of it. My girls do so well with the vaccination, I am very lucky.
Alicia started saying “Luh oo”, which in her language means love you. It just melts my heart when she says it. She responds with that whenever we say “I Love You” to her. She will just randomly come up to us and give us kisses. It seems to be one of her favorite things. If I need her to come to me and she refuses, I just need to ask her for a kiss and over she comes. She is so affectionate and cuddly. She seems to have a very real need for it. Anne needs it, but not to extent that Alicia seems to.
It is fun to watch the girls interact with each other. Alicia mostly tries to do everything that Anne is doing, but occasionally Anne copies Alicia. The other day I was lying on the couch and Alicia kept coming to me and laying her head on my stomach. Well, Anne saw this and immediately came over and started doing it too. But she had to be closer to my face than Alicia. They just keep us laughing.
The flash on our camera broke and buying a new one is not in our budget right now. So who knows when you all will see new pictures. Sorry about that.
This morning I had one of my most embarrassing moments. I forgot that my Visiting Teachers were coming. Since I am much sicker in the mornings than the afternoons, the house cleaning is postponed until then. I don’t even shower until the girls’ afternoon naps. (I was still in my “pyjamas”.) I hadn’t even taken the dirty diapers downstairs. Suddenly they showed up at the door. I pushed the button to open the downstairs door and ran into my room to put on a pair of pants and one of Jared’s shirts. I even buttoned the shirt all wrong. I was so mortified at the state of the girls, myself and the house. Luckily, both the ladies had recently had babies and one even has 4 children. So I think they understood the situation. I was still so embarrassed.
3 comments:
Oh Kristin! I understand your embarrassing moment!!! It has happened to me before. Except I didn't have the excuse of having two children or being pregnant. I only had Joshua and was having 'one of those days'. Oh well. Everyone understands!!! I love you!!!
your baby has flippers for feet...grody.
I am sure you will look back at that visit and laugh someday. I had a similar situation yesterday. I photographed a wedding till way late on Saturday so I slept in on Sunday until just before (which I forgot they were coming)my VT showed up. I wasn't dressed properly and had to run and throw on better clothes. Down side, our front door is glass, and I had to sail by it so obviously they saw me! Oh well! We are human and now they know it!I love you! I just want to give you a big hug!
Post a Comment