Hi there

Let me see if I can remember our past week. My evenings seemed pretty full. I had a RS Presidency Meeting Wed. night, a stake meeting for RS Presidents Thursday night, Jared and I had hometeaching Friday night, and then on Saturday we did a workshop at the Stake Family Symposium. Jared has been so good to take care of the girls in the evenings when I was gone. He was still sick through Wednesday.

After the Family Symposium we decide to go to a local lake. I took tons of pictures of the girls and everyone in the water. Alicia slept in the stroller half the time we were there. It took Aunt Rike to coax Anne into the water. She has a little floating boat that she rides in and once she was used to it she loved it and didn’t want to get out. Jared had fun playing in the water with his family and threatening to throw Rike in, fully clothed. Alicia didn’t like the water at all and spent most of the time walking around and getting into trouble. I sat on the grass and entertained those not in the water. It was a very enjoyable evening with the family.

For Family Home Evening last night we went to the lake again. This time with friends. It was colder and more overcast this time, but they all went in again. I had the chance to practice my German by speaking with the other ladies not wanting to get in the water. It was hard to keep the girls from stepping on or falling on the other family’s baby. They found him very fascinating. This makes me a little less anxious about their reactions when we bring home baby number 3. Anne loved taking care of him while he was in the stroller and watching his mommy take care of him. She is such a good little “mommy”.

I had quite the week of taking care of the results of my girls’ moments of mischief. Alicia dumped two bags of formula on the floor. She also has a fascination with the bathroom, particularly the toilet and toilet brush. Whenever I can’t find her that is where she is. This time I had been eating a sandwich and realized that I was going to be seriously sick if I didn’t empty my mouth of its contents immediately. I ran and spit it out into the toilet, then went to try and find something else I could eat (a hard thing to do). Well, I forgot to flush the toilet. Then about 10 minutes later I found Alicia in the bathroom with the toilet brush “cleaning” the toilet. I quickly took it away, but noticed that the bristle part of the brush was stuck in the tube of the toilet. I figured that I would pewk if I tried to get it out, so left it there for Jared when he got home (food and all), poor guy.

I have spent the last week and a half feeling constantly sick. With my first 2 pregnancies I knew what foods I could eat just be thinking about them. But this time just the thought of food makes me sick. I practically force the food down. And now I understand what Kari said about water making her sick. I am probably getting dehydrated as I type this. I need suggestions for the nausea and what I should do about fluids. Jared has been so good and patient through all this. He tries so hard to help me feel better. He doesn’t complain about how the house looks and tries to fill my cravings as much as possible. What a wonderful man he is. I sure love him.

The girls have been really patient too. Anne has been especially good. She is so helpful and obedient now. The other day she even sorted th laundry into different piles while I layed in bed sick. I just told her which pile each thing went into. Alicia has been wonderful too. I am so glad she can walk now. Having the girls in my lap at times even makes me sick.
You can see what baby number 3 looks like right now, by getting on our blog.

3 comments:

Mower Clan said...

Kristin,
I am so sorry that you are feeling so..... pregnant. I understand. I don't know what to tell you that will help. I ended up being able to take the miracle pill, ZoFran. It still only takes the edge off. I will be praying for you. I am so excited for you to be adding another little one to your sweet family. What a blessing. I love you FOREVER. Thank you for the sweet card it made me cry. In a good way! The cry that you have because you feel so loved. Love you, Annie Laurie

blaine and michelle said...

I'm sorry you're feeling so sick. I don't have any wonderful advice, though I was sick with each one, I'm not to the point where water makes me sick. But lemonade is always great to me when I'm pregnant. I hope you're able to find something that works!

Amy said...

Feel better! Love you!