Turkey Time

Our Thanksgiving involved 14 adults, 4 kids and 1 newborn.  It took a lot of preparation and cooperation between the whole family.
 Our 6 pies and 1 crustless pumpkin pie. Plus, the advent wreath to be docorated for Sunday.  There wasn't enough room in the kitchen so they got banished outside until we were ready to devour them.
 Jared cut 6 loaves of bread into cubes for homemade stuffing.  Beate makes the only homemade stuffing I have ever had that I like.  It is so good.
That is a lot of chairs.


 Ramona made the centerpieces and cute little apple turkeys for each person.
 The turkey of course was cooked to perfection.
Jared paid to get NFL football on the internet for a week, so we could get the full experience. It was interesting to see the Germans' reactions to it.  Robby had fun explaining it to them.  After the dinner and some clean up I can into the family room to find the tables replaces by "stadium" seating for all to watch football.  Those who didn't want to watch had fun talking.

This was our last Thanksgiving in Germany.  It is hard to believe.  Last year I had just come home from the hospital with a brand new baby and we had no idea what the coming year would bring.

I am grateful for so many things this year.  The top of my list is the gospel and that I was taught it so faithfully and surrounded by such wonderful examples of how to live it. I am grateful for a Heavenly Father who loves me and answers my prayers.  I have to best husband in the world and he means more to me than anyone.  We have 4 beautiful children who make us laugh, teach us and make life good.  And I am grateful that I get the chance to spend the coming year and years with my family.  And the we get to do it in the US. I have hoped for this for a long time, but now it is here I realize how much I am going to miss here in Germany.

2 comments:

Andrew and Lyndsey Richardson said...

Looks delicious!! I read through your blog...quite a ways back and am always taken away with how much a little time can change things. Look at your little Hyrum...one post he is a tiny baby and now he is a full on toddler! Wow! I heard from your family you are moving out this way soon. I am excited for you and to see you all!

Richard said...

That was definitely one weekend where I was so sad not to have been at home in Germany! absolutely beautiful decorations and the guests seem to have been a great group too!