Jared's birthday was last week. It turned out the be a birthday week, as all the events and gifts got spread out through the week. It was a crazy week and had the fit things in where we could.
He did get a special b-day breakfast, but because I had didn't sleep well the night before and Hyrum had a fever, Jared had to do the shopping for it himself. I felt so bad.At the last minute Ray arranged for Jared and I to get away for the night. It was his, Beate's and Jared gma's gift for him. Ray wouldn't tell us where we were staying, he just led us there. On the way we made some stops.
We stopped at a manor house near us. I have wanted to see it for many years, but we have never gotten around to it. We found this "little" guy there. The best we can figure is that that huge lump on his front is his massive belly. I wonder what inspired the artist to make him.
We also stopped at a shop that sells American products. We got our selves some treats...they had so many wonderful things. We took the scenic route to our hotel and it was so beautiful. The leaves and all the autumn colors were so gorgeous. Pictures of where we stayed are to come. We got checked in, then headed into Ansbach for dinner.
Ansbach is so beautiful. It is an old city, but the building have a more formal look that is wonderful. I love how each village and city in Germany has its own personality. We walked around trying to decide where to eat. We settled on a delicious mexican restaraunt. After that we did some shopping and headed back to our hotel.
This is where we stayed...Castle Colmberg. The first record of it is in 1318 AD when it was bought by 2 women. Now it is at hotel, with 2 restaraunts. They do mideval banquets and all sorts of wonderful things. You can even get married in the chapel that is attached to the castle. It is just like you stepped back in time. I fell in love with it, maybe for out anniversary I can convince Jared to eat in one of the restaraunts. The day I took these pictures it was foggy, so you can see it well, but I love the atmosphere it gives it. For better pictures look here.
I am definitely going back sometime. The next day we saw some more spectacular things. I will post that tomorrow.










1 comment:
Wowser! That's an incredible Birthday! You two look cute! I can relate to how you feel Kristin.....
Post a Comment