Bits and Bobs

I loved this zoo that Anne and Alicia made in our family room one morning.  It was so fun to watch how their imaginations work.  Who would have thought you could have skyscrapers in a zoo.  Notice their very short hair. Well, we got lice about a month ago and it was just easier to give them short cuts.  They like it and it makes mornings alot easier.
A huge thing here in Bavaria is Weisswurst and Pretzels.  Apparently it is considered "Bavarian Treason" to cook a weisswurst after 11am.  I am a traitor because I served it for dinner one night. At least I knew that you never fry it, but boil it. But they it and enjoyed it anyway.  Weisswurst is eaten with sweet mustard (shown above) and beer (we skipped that).  I will miss this. It is sooooo good.
I got Katie out of bed and found that she had gotten creative with her pajamas.
I love when Jared goes with me to pick Anne and Alicia up from pre-school.  It is also a wonderful surprise for them.  I get to get a picture of it last time.

1 comment:

Richard said...

Cool Creative tweak Katie!!! breaking loose from the bods of society... Who determined anyway that you have to wear your pyjamas one specific way! ... however I think Katie you are a bit too much Avant Garde in this... I doubt this will catch on... If I had a Pyjama like that, I would totally try it out though!
also...
That is a cool Zoo, I guess the more different kinds of Animals you have on display the harder it is for space... or alternatively it is an attempt to make the bird cages a bit more permitting to let these animals, that received the amazing and incredible gift to fly high and have an incredible view of the world do a little more than ... sit on a stick in a small cage... and to consider the time the warden comes to bring food be the hilight of their lives... Your Kids just have a heart for Animals!
and also....
HHHHMMMMM Brezel und Weisswurst... ----drule--- yummie!