Long Weekend

Ray and Beate took Anne and Alicia with them on a short business trip. They had so much fun and I will have a post about that when I get more details from them. That left Katie, Jared and I with 2 1/2 days of peace and calm at home. I LOVED IT!!!! It was soooo neeeded. I just relaxed and didn't push myself to do anything.

We played some Wii, sat around and were lazy, did some shopping, and just enjoyed the quiet. Katie loved having the one on one time with mommy and daddy. I even got to wake up when my body wanted to and not when my kids demanded that I do.
We did do some work in the yard. Katie and her daddy had a great time playing in the leaves.

That evening Jared got to go to his very first hockey. Ray and Beate had given him tickets for his birthday. I haven't been since the Salt Lake Olympics. Katie, of course, had never been. I was curious about how she would do, but she did soooo good. She loved watching everything and everyone around her. She got to stay up way past her bedtime, sit on daddy's lap and eat. What could be better.

I went to change her diaper during the break and found that the bathroom didn't have anywhere for me to change her. So I had to just do it with her standing. Not ideal but it got the job done. Jared loved the game and we think we will go again, but not with little girls; it was just too loud for their tiny ears.

5 comments:

Mandi said...

yeah! I'm glad yared enjoyed it! Its probably nice having the one on one time with your baby before you have a newer baby.

Mandi said...

Although, thinking about it I recall you used to call mel and I "the babies", you've got a lot of them.

Rike said...

I'm glad you ot that time, yay! It looks like a ton of fun!

Anonymous said...

How incredibly fun. It's nice to have that that one on one time. That's cool that she was so good during that hockey game. I miss hockey!

Andrew and Lyndsey Richardson said...

What a great weekend. I am envious! I would love to wake up when my body woke me up...only problem is I don't think it ever would. Seriously! So glad you got some rest and the girls had a little get away. Good grandparents!