Thanksgiving

This was one of the most low-key Thanksgiving we have ever had. The reason is that we were all suffering from the swine flu. But we had a good time anyway. Some of the guests still came.
I made this sign with the girls a couples weeks before Thanksgiving. They loved it and were so proud of it.
I nominated myself to do the decorations...I love decorating. It was going to be a bit more than what you see here, but with everyone getting sick, my mind just couldn't do it.

We had enough food to feed twice the amount of people we had there.

The pies were wonderful. Each year I forget how much I love pumpkin pie. Beate made apple, pumpkin and peach. She worked so hard on all the food. And it was wonderful.

Here are the sickos. I guess there has to be something unexpected each holiday.
I have so much to be thankful for...my little family especially. I learn so much from my kids each day. My husband, is the most patient, giving and loving man in the world. I don't deserve him. Something I am very grateful for is how much my Heavenly Father loves me. It has been so evident to me lately, in the small things in my life. I am so blessed.

2 comments:

Amy said...

very cool that you celebrate thanksgiving! For some reason I thought it was only and american custom. It looks like it was a lovely feast!

Andrew and Lyndsey Richardson said...

Yum. That made me wish Thanksgiving hadn't already passed. Pumpkin pie is the best. Glad you had a good one.