Käthe Wohlfahrt

I was inspired by my last entry to show you a bit of the Christmas store I referred to. It is called Käthe Wohlfahrt, after the woman who started it. When I was young my grandma had some christmas china that she used. It is from Käthe Wohlfahrt. She must have bought it when they were living in Germany when my dad was a boy. The largest store is in Rothenburg. It is huge and so beautifully decorated. When it gets close to the Christmas season they start charging to go in. The crowds are huge.
This truck has stood outside the store for year and years.
This in the first thing you see when you walk in. The little bears move and there is music. It reminds me of Disney World each time I see it.

Isn't that beautiful. There are so many rooms and little nooks and crannies, that it is easy to get lost. It is one of my favorite places to visit. Plus I love buying ornaments there. I got the inspiration for our Christmas tree from them. Not the one you see here though.

2 comments:

Mandi said...

I always let out a little gasp as soon as I walk on to the balcony over looking the village shown in the last picture!

Traci said...

That is my kind of store! I love Christmas! Looks like such a fun place.