Dinkelsbühl, Germany

This is the exact spot where a picture was taken that my Grandma did a gorgeous painting of. This painting has been around ever since I can remember. When my grandparents were here for our wedding they found the village where the picture was taken. So when David came for a visit we went to the village and found the spot. It was amazing to see it in person. The funny thing is that we learned that the tower is where they used to put prisoners to rot. I doubt my Grandma knows that.
And there were swans on the pond that the girls loved. I like how David and I are standing the same way. Anne didn't have any clean pants so she had to wear her pajama pants most of the day.

This was my girls' first chance to really be with their Uncle David and they warmed up to him so fast. This is also one of the most beautiful villages in Germany I have ever seen. There are no modern building in it at all. I love it. It is like going back in time.
And to end it all...believe it or not, this is the actual remains of a saint. He has been dressed in armour and all sorts of clothing. That is just gross to me, but I couldn't pass up the chance to share it with you all.
This was just the beginning of our day with David. More to come.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Ok I totally agree that is a very cute setting and the most adorable town. I would LOVE to visit you and see your cute girls and explore Germany with you.

Mandi said...

I love the picture of david hauling around your mumskin (I can't tell which one it is...woops)...and that old rotting saint just fasinates me. gross I know.

Melani said...

I just love that picture of David with Anne or Alicia (I don't really know).

Kristin I remember this rotting atrocity. I was shocked when I saw him. GRODY!

Ruth Done said...

That's pretty nasty! Thanks for sharing!