Because I was gone in America for Mandi's wedding when Alicia turned 1 year old, we decided to celebrate it when I got home. So this Sunday afternoon we had her b-day. We opened gifts, ate dinner and had cake. I think she really enjoyed it, even if she didn't understand why we were celebrating.

We had the meal that seems to be the one picked most often for b-day dinners. It is mexican. The family favorite. We have started giving Alicia utensils when she eats, so that she can learn how to use them.

Anne was just as excited about the gifts as Alicia. You see that she is trying to sneak a peek.

My girls just love dolls. This one is a gift from my parents that I brought home with me from America. When she saw this she absolutely freaked out. She ran around showing it to everyone and yelling "ah-nee, ah-nee". I guess she is copying us when we say Annie's name. She must think that has something to do with excitement. It was the cutest thing. I have never seen her that excited about something before. It was hard to get her to focus on anything else, even her other gifts. (When I got home from my trip she had decided that walking was more fun and more productive than crawling. My life is easier now)

Alicia also got distracted by the new boat for her bath time that she had just opened. She and Anne have already made good use out of it.

I have decided that I don't have the time (or in Germany the resources that I am familiar with) to make a homemade cake for my children's birthdays. Luckily Germany does have wonderful frozen cakes like this one. And the frosting is not heavy, it is actually flavored whip cream. This cream is between each layer along with jam. Yummy!!! I tried to get one of those number candles, but couldn't get one in time.

We did the Jensen tradition for 1st b-days. Strip the baby down to its diaper, give them chocolate cake and let them go at it, and hope they get as dirty as possible. Alicia was a bit hesitant at first but really loved the cake.

She ended up being a lot cleaner abou the whole thing than Anne was, so her dad decided to help her along abit. He wrote I love you, on her chest and stomach. And gave her marks on her face like a football player.

She loved when dad decided to feed her cake with his finger. She giggled and giggled.

This is the finished product of the cake adventure, with a little help from her dad. She is a much cleaner eater than Anne was.

She hated to clean up part and was so mad at us. A neccesary evil I am sad to say.
5 comments:
Happy Birthday! That cake looks delicious.
Happy Birthday! Looks like such a fun time. My boys were both hesitant about the cake thing- probably the only thing they are "clean" doing.
She is so cute!!! I love that you kept the first birthday cake tradition alive!!!
Harold just seemed like a good name for a hamster!
there are three rommates, including myself but right now it's only me and my friend julie. I really like the place it's nice and homey.
Looks like such a fun birthday. I think that frozen cake looks so yummy.
Post a Comment