Anne's Early Birthday Party

We celebrated Anne's b-day a couple days early so that her Gma & Gpa Jensen could be there to share it with us. I think I enjoyed the whole thing more than she did. One of the funnest things about being a mom.I couldn't decided which cake to get I just decided to buy both. She loved it too.
Yes, she did love it.
Gpa Jensen picked this shirt out for Anne and she absolutely loves it. It says Bayern-München (Bavaria-Munich). They are my dad's favorite soccer teams. Jared is a fan of their rivals, so this causes some very light-hearted competition. My dad said that she picked it out herself while we were sight-seeing with them. Anne went into a gift shop with my parents and I guess she picked it.
My mom bought this doll. Anne loves her dolls and has to always have one when she goes to bed at night. This one is to help kids learn zippers, buttons, pockets and buckles.
My Grandpa made these doll beds for each of the great-granddaughters. He designed them himself, we just painted them and made the bedding. My mom and I spent several hours yesterday making the bedding while the men stained and assembled it. She immediately had to put her new baby in it too.
Alicia was a little upset that the bed wasn't hers and that Anne wouldn't let her get right in there and play with it. But she has one of her own that we will try to have done for her birthday too.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Careful with the multiple cakes next year she might think she gets 3! I guess you could always switch to cupcakes later! Your Grandpa is amazing to make those beds! You are too for making the bedding. I am working on my sewing skills still. BTW I LOVE that you blog! I miss you and this gives me a window into your life. Thanks for your comments on my blog. I love you!

Anonymous said...

Kristin, your girls are so cute. I love Anne in the Bayern shirt and her bed turned out so cute! No wonder she loves it!

Andrew and Lyndsey Richardson said...

I just caught up on your blog, and I have to say that I love being able to see your little girls grow. They are so darling, and I love the little baby/toddler things they do. That is what life is all about.

blaine and michelle said...

Happy birthday Anne! 2 is a big year! I loved catching up on your blog, it looks like you've been busy! Keep on having fun, it's just as much fun for me to read!