Feminine Creativity

While I was preparing dinner the other evening my girls got really creative. We have been preparing for a party in October and I guess it inspired them, because they got the whole family room set up for a party they were throwing. Here is the table:
It was so fun to see them greet their guests and do things with them. For the real party I am making a homemade pinata and while I was working on it, they drew one on a paper. Well, these drawings made an appearance at their party. I was so surprised they remembered. Anne was even showing it to all the imaginary guests. The "guests" were even kind enough to leave before dinner was ready.

Our latest adventure into the land of pretend was felt most fully by Daddy. His girls wanted to "cut" his hair. And here is the proof:
Notice the pink blanket being used to keep the hair off his clothes. Before they did the finishing touches on his hair, he had to take a "shower", which was right under the light in the playroom. They even gave him a doll blanket to use as a towel on his "wet" hair. He was such a good sport.

Anne even took a break to make him some pancakes for while he was getting all dolled-up.

4 comments:

Rike said...

Man, man! How did my brother become such an amazing Dad??? I still tend to believe that live with his sister had a lot to do with it :) Anyhow, they are so adorable!!!! I wish I could come to the partey!!!

Doodlecraft said...

Too cute! Never underestimate the creativity and natural ability to hostess parties in young girls! Super cute barber shop too...it's no wonder little girls fall in love with their daddy's!

Andrew and Lyndsey Richardson said...

That so brings me back to being a little girl. I used to do the same thing with my dad. It must be in our nature. So fun.

Elizabeth Newren Egbert said...

It's so cute to see your girls picking up on all of the great things you do. You're a creative genius and I think your girls will be just the same. Jared was a good sport to let the girls "cut" his hair. So cute!