Spring FHE

I got the urge to have a garden this year. And I really wanted the girls and really the whole family involved. So have been planning this for over a month. I was just waiting for it to be the right time of the year. This weekend Jared went with me to buy the first of the supplies we will need. And we decided to make a FHE out of it. I prepared a lesson on the creation and we taught them the primary song My Heavenly Father Loves Me. (By the way, the church website has all the primary songs, with sheet music, audio music and singing for all the hymns and primary songs. Just go to: http://www.lds.org/cm/display/0,17631,4996,00.html

Anyway, after the lesson we let the girls plant some tomato seeds. Later we will plant beans, peas, zuccinni, and pumpkins when it is their turn.
I was suprised we didn't get any of those tiny seeds dumped onto the floor, where everything usually ends up.
The girls had so much fun and so did the rest of us. And I think they really understood what we were trying to teach them. I love FHEs like this.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I can't wait to see how your garden turns out! Gardening is so much fun!

Andrew and Lyndsey Richardson said...

Love it. I miss our garden from our house in Utah. And what a fun FHE idea. May have to borrow that one, just on a MUCH smaller scale. Indoor plants only most likely.