On Sunday we had some unexpected visitors and it came at just the perfect time. I have been needing a visit from family for so long, but didn't realize how much until I got the email from Aunt Fran and Uncle Eric saying they were in Germany and wanted to get together that day.
I quickly replied to the email and gave them our phone numbers then got ready for church. All morning and during sacarament meeting I just kept praying that it would work out that we could do something together in the short time that they were here. They called during Sunday School and I arranged to pick up Aunt Fran at another ward building at the end of church. Uncle Eric had to leave right away to get back to work but we would see him that evening when he picked up Aunt Fran.
I raced to pick her up and Jared raced home to clean up our apartment a bit. So they could see it. We met at the Dautel's home and ate some lunch. We decided that we would have Tour-Guide Ray show Aunt Fran around our area and Jared would stay with Alicia who was taking a nap. We had a wonderful afternoon driving around our area, talking and getting pictures. Anne love all the hills that we got to drive down. (Whenever we drive down the slightest decline, she says "down" over and over again and makes sure I know that we are driving down a slide).
Uncle Eric met up with us that even for a traditional german dinner and then we showed them our apartment as they headed out. Uncle Eric will be here for 5 weeks so we hope to see a bit more of him.
She had not had a nap earlier, so by the end of our tour she was gone.
2 comments:
So fun. It IS nice to have such a great family. Wish we could work in a visit...one day...
I think it's so awesome that they came to see you! I bet you were so excited! I love you!!
Post a Comment